Saturday, April 22, 2017

Surprises of the Charlie Kind...

The Duchess
The Duchess went nuts and I looked out past this computer to the street to see who had arrived. I was smiling as well. It was Charlie and he looked like he had his hands full. I was standing at the screen door corralling Maggie when Charlie beckoned for me to give him a hand.

"Your daddy had continuing education for pharmacists tonight," Charlie told me as we walked across my yard. "I am your Papa tonight."

I was smiling broadly at all the treats Charlie had brought me. He really does spoil me to death on his visits.

"I've got you two Taco Bell burrito supremes no beans with lots of hot sauce," Charlie told me. "Here are also two drinks. You get a second drink because Horsefly can't drink soda. It makes him blow chunks every time and always in the car."

I shouldn't have chuckled at the "blow chunks" remark but I did. Charlie also reached into his pocket and handed me two of my favorite candy bars. King size Snickers.

"Now, let's take your medications," Charlie told me as he handed me my handful of crazy meds.

"Now Maggie-loo I haven't forgotten about you," Charlie told the Duchess after he had administered my crazy meds.

Charlie got on the couch with the Magster and gave her lavishing tons of affection and attention. Maggie was still pining for Charlie while she looked out the window as Charlie departed. 

No comments: