Saturday, April 22, 2017

A Rendezvous with the Pig...


Before you think I am bringing forth the ire of Johnny Otis, I only bought two Sunkist sodas and a bottle of Penrose pickled sausages. It was a preapproved purchase. A man can't live on diet Coke and Marie Callendar's meals alone.

"Remember, we go grocery shopping Monday night," my father told me over his cell phone. "So don't buy too much!"

I guess my father felt a little pity for me after what happened yesterday mental illness wise. I appreciated it and I told him so.

The Piggly Wiggly was also mired in a state of confusion and mismanagement which is very unlike them. The automated exit door was stuck open and cold air was just pouring out into this hot Southern afternoon. They also had only one register open and the clerk had this confused and overwhelmed look on her face. The store was busy with shoppers and they were lining up to check out. I quickly got my items before the line could get too long. I should have stayed and helped her bag groceries which I was adept at when I worked there, but hindsight is always 20/20 as they say.

Edward and Marie, Together Again...

Do you remember me buying that Edward's strawberry creme pie last week? It was actually pretty good despite seeming to sell very sparsly. The Marie's satin chocolate pie was creamy and superb as well.

No comments: