Monday, April 24, 2017

Grocery Day Musings - Possible Big Shakeup!

Look at all the colorful products vying for your attention!

I am mulling over getting two big multi-packs of pepperoni pizza Hot Pockets instead of the Marie Callendar's meals tonight. I am also tired of Frosted Flakes and milk after eating them for months and months (years?). We might have a big shakeup on hand during grocery night tonight. I don't want any bananas as well. I do want a 12 pack of Canada Dry ginger ale and Minute Maid lemonade. I also need TUMs for when I drink the lemonade.

A treat I might try is to get some ground chuck and Kroger steak sauce and eat it with loaf bread. Also, the idea of buying some unfrosted strawberry Pop-tarts is growing in my mind. My two pies are mandatory, though.

"Make you some beef patties and gravy and let them simmer for several hours," my father just told me over the phone after I mentioned ground chuck. "They will get good and tender. Almost like eating steak!"

"Are you getting A-1 sauce?" dad then asked me. "You know it is quite pricey."

"I am getting Kroger's steak sauce," I told my father.

It tastes almost exactly like A-1 at half of the price.

No comments: