Thursday, April 06, 2017

The Most Grand Poo-bah Has Left the Premises...

"I really, really appreciate what you did this morning -- showing up on time for your injection," my father told me. "I forgot all about it and you could've slept all day before I noticed."

My father was running extremely early tonight for the medication ritual. He usually arrives around 9 PM to 9:30 PM and tonight he arrived at the almost unheard of 8:00 PM. Maggie and I were both rejoicing with much celebration and exaltation. "Let's put this man on a pedestal." 

Maggie didn't believe me that Papa had arrived until dad was walking across the front yard saying, "You're the Duchess." She squealed with joy!

"Come on in and sit awhile," Maggie seemed to say to my father tonight. "Did you notice the new beautiful hole in the cushion on the couch? Yeah, that was me. They call me Maestro."

No comments: