Saturday, April 08, 2017

Let's Get Some RGB...

RGB or "Red, Green, Blue" is all the rage in computer building circles these days. It seemed to have happened so suddenly like clothes and hair fads in a high school, but mainly with the younger or first person shooter type game fanatics.

My Sound Blaster Z sound card lights up a bright red color. The Sapphire video card I also got from Christmas lights up a deep fluorescent purple.

"It all seems so gay to me," a video game playing friend wrote to me today to which I chuckled.

"It is growing on me," I responded kindly. "I am starting to like it. I want some more RAM that lights up as well. I found four sticks that will work and oscillate between colors as to what color they are while you are playing."

While We Are Speaking of Bananas! Or Were We?

I finally made it to Kroger today to get my much belated and beloved allotment of bananas. I kept saying I was going last week and then something would come up. I sighed in relief when I walked into the freshly stocked produce section. I grabbed two big ripening bunches and headed to the nearest cashier. When I arrived home, I completely relished and savored two bananas while I sat in the den and watched Forensic Files.

When I worked in produce at the Piggly Wiggly in town, it was paramount that I get fresh bananas out first. Then I could start on packaging the ever popular grapes which were always a big hit.

No comments: