Monday, April 03, 2017

You Never Know What's Going to Happen Around Here...

required for grocery night
Classic Kroger mayhem...

"Do you want something to eat or drink?" I asked the scraggly looking black fellow after he very aggressively accosted me for money. I was trying to be kind. I was standing in front of the desserts freezer also trying to decide what two pies I wanted this week. I got a triple coconut creme pie and a Hershey's creme pie.

It was amazing this fellow was still walking that he was so drunk. His eyes had that jaundiced yellow look from drinking too much or a possible failing liver.

"Bud?" I said. "I haven't got a dollar to give in my name (I stretched the truth a little bit). Sorry, I have to finish my shopping."

I honestly didn't have much money to throw away. I did spend only $70 dollars tonight for which I was very pleased. It always intrigues my father how many groceries I can get for such a little amount of money. I got a cart full and it took a few minutes to load it all up in the back of my Honda.

Chiquita Bonita...


"I'm damn mad at you!" I told my father seriously after we had checked out and were heading to our cars.

"What got me in trouble?" my father asked incredulously.

"You got me hooked on those damnable bananas and they were out once again tonight," I replied. "I eat two bananas every afternoon for my snack."

We both burst out in laughter. Seriously, though, I want my bananas and will be headed to the Piggly Wiggly in the morning.

1 comment:

diana said...

My Kroger doesn't restock until late Monday night/Tuesday so if they have a busy weekend the shelves are empty until mid day Tuesday. I often find if I shop on Monday they are out of bananas and other popular things. And even more so if it's been on sale.