Sunday, April 30, 2017

Where Go'est Thou the Sausage Biscuit Fairy Man?

I was beginning to have lost all hope in Charlie's arrival this morning. Maggie lost her zest of looking out the window and curled up on the couch in defeat to sleep.

9:00 PM came and went and he still hadn't visited us. I was ready to go to bed -- my eyelids feeling as if they were made of heavy lead. The Magster's ever watchful eye would have to alert me to Charlie's visit -- natures alarm system.

Soon as my head hit my pillow, I was fast and deeply asleep. I was abruptly woken in what seemed like hours later by the Duchess and the festivities going on in the den. Only an hour had passed and my eyes were burning from lack of sleep.

"We are going to clean your bathroom tonight," Charlie told me enthusiastically. "I won't take but 10 minutes.

"Oh joy!" I said very sarcastically.

Really though, if Charlie keeps this up I am going to a clean and spot free house in a few weeks -- little by little during our Sunday night feeding ritual. Dad gets all antsy about Charlie's cleaning until you turn on the television and he is placated -- another zombie watching the boob tube.

"What do want to eat tonight?" Charlie asked me before he left to finish all his other deliveries.

"Get me a Grand Big Mac combo meal with an extra large coke,"

Charlie said it was a done deal and he would see me again tonight. We told each other we loved each other and Charlie was on his way.

No comments: