Sunday, April 16, 2017

It Doesn't Happen Often...


I love these things...

"Would you have thought mom would have gone before all of us?" my brother asked me over my father's cell phone.

"Never!" I exclaimed. "I would've thought I would be long dead before mom passed away."

"Mom spent thousands in healthcare for this not to happen."

It was strange to talk to my brother on the cell phone.  They thought I was off, but I was still listening as they talked.

"Has Andrew had any episodes lately?" my brother asked my father.

"He had an episode earlier in the week and there was a strange call late the other night about being lonely," my father replied.

"I'll talk to you all later," I then said not wanting to hear more.

"Come to the pond with us in God's country to hide eggs," dad then said.

"Y'all have a good time," I told my father reeling with what was said. "Happy Easter to the kids."

1 comment:

glittermom said...

I'm sorry you had to listen to all that...