Sunday, April 16, 2017

Jesus is Listening...


"Aunt Sarah said last night that Easter is originally based off a Pagan fertility ritual," the little kid said in front of me as we walked towards the entrance of Kroger. "The eggs and bunnies prove it!"

"You hush all that now!" the mother said. "I am going to have to have a talk with your aunt!"

I got this big grin on my face as I grabbed a basket to go buy some Papa approved Kroger candy this afternoon. I was trying to get my mind off my current mental predicament.

I got a big bag of Hershey's kisses for a dollar off and several bags of Hershey's miniatures. I didn't make it back to my car before I was already popping a Hershey's kiss in my mouth. Ah, heaven!

Don't Pass Go and Don't Collect $200...

Today has been a tough and arduous day for me. They craftily made the word mental illness for how I have felt today. It has been way past 24 hours since I took yesterday's medications and I believe that is the culprit. I have really felt it as well -- feeling a nervous state of mental agitation, some confusion, and general unwellness. I just called my father at 7 PM and he was still at the pond with the kids in Waverly. I think I lost all hope then that things will get better anytime soon.

Something to Look Foward To...

I can't play it until tonight and my medications take effect, but I am ready to play Final Fantasy IV with an emulator and my new birthday SNES game controller. It will be its maiden voyage. Yes, something to get excited about!

1 comment:

amelia said...

It's all to do with an ancient pagan festival as is Christmas. Christians decided they would take it and make it their own. I could go on and on but this is not the place.