Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Where's the Beef? The Beef is on the Stove...

After a couple of phone calls to my father at the pharmacy, I now have beef chuck patties simmering in gravy and onions on the stove or what is often called hamburger steak.

"Let them simmer for a couple of hours," my father told me over his phone. "And add water or milk if it cooks down. You don't want to scorch the gravy or the patties."

I chose milk for added richness, but I don't know if I can wait 2 hours. We might just let them cook for one hour as I am hungry. The beef patties will be eaten with steak sauce and some very, very fresh Sunbeam loaf bread. Sorry to all you vegetable lovers, but this is carnivore city tonight.

What's This Antec You May Ask?

I got Matt at the pharmacy to order me this expensive $165 Antec "unbeatable" computer case a couple of months ago. I just had to have it and basically begged my father for it. I never used as it is completely convoluted to get components in and out of the thing. To its merit, the thing does light up blue like a Christmas tree and I am into the colorized component and case trend in computers as well.

I am about to attempt to install the ghetto computer into that spare Antec computer case. Anytime you do things like this to computers there is a margin for error. So wish me luck in a couple of hours and let's hope these big fingers can get all those little screws into their little holes.

You Go Somewhere Else Insomnia...

I've cycled to staying up all night again. I went to bed at 5:00 AM this morning and woke at 5:00 PM this afternoon. That's sleeping a full twelve hours and I needed the rest. My eyes were burning yesterday from lack of sleep.

I could've slept longer, but I was awoken by a little Wren that keeps letting itself into the house through the dog door. She will fly around a little bit and then get a morsel of Maggie's dog food and a draught of water and head back out. Maggie completely ignores her for some reason.

No comments: