Thursday, April 06, 2017

L-E-I-G-H A-N-N-E

My first stop was the pharmacy to get my injection. My father looked wild eyed as I entered.

"Son, I forgot all about your injection!" my father said fervently.

"Rebecca's on vacation so I am administering your injection the morning," an unfamiliar and never before seen nurse said.

She was mighty cute, but totally unfamiliar and I gulped hard at her revelation.

Oh Dearest God! Have Mercy On My Soul!

Did I tell you I had no tolerance for ineptitude or shenanigans this morning?

I slumped deeply into my leather backed chair about the inevitable forthcoming disaster. Then Leigh Anne, the nurse practitioner, entered the examining room. I immediately perked up and my dour mood and demeanor brightened. It was so good to see her beaming and smiling face as she is about one of the most pleasant and kindest nurses I've ever encountered. Rebecca notwithstanding mind you. Leigh Anne also has boundless energy and a knack for making mountains into molehills.

So relief must be on the way? I hope so. I was so out of it this morning that I could barely speak and enunciate any words. I also had one of my more acute cotton mouths I've ever experienced as well.

"Sweetie," Pat said as I walked out of the examining room. "I've got your next appointment all set up and ready."

I told the girls that I would see them again in two weeks.

No comments: