Thursday, October 26, 2006

A Long, Rambling Remiss

Latibug,

Thanks so much for your offer of a donation, but I would rather not take money from my blogging friends online. I have often strongly disagreed with Kevin Barbieux aka “The Homeless Guy,” being a formerly homeless person, for imposing on his readers in such a way and he never gives anything back to homeless people or his readers in return. He also shows no accountability for what he spends all that money on (He once got a donation of $1000 dollars in one day from Mr. Cheng, a blogger. A thousand dollars will get you off the streets if you so desire it and he is still homeless). I feel he gives homeless people a bad name by using the religion and good will of his readers for his own gain in the name of speaking for homeless people.

I hope my family members will support me in this endeavor. There is still a long winter ahead with lots of planning, training and preparation to do yet. I did manage to make six miles this morning. I need to get up to about 15 miles a day to reach Maine before the first snowfall. I do so much appreciate your offer of generosity. If I do decide to take donations, I would like a third party to handle it for me and just buy trail/camping food with it as that will be my biggest expense this summer and for the rest to go to a charity benefiting mental illness. That way I can be held accountable for what the money is being spent on and it is not buying me bottles of Southern Comfort and luxuries such as expensive digital cameras like “The Homeless Guy” aka Kevin Barbieux recently bought with a donation to film homeless people (lotta good that is going to do those poor homeless folks like Cotton). That guy is a shill who is using the oldest trick in the book, sympathy for the homeless by Christians, to dupe his 500 readers a day.

Oh God, I got off on another one of my "The Homeless Guy" rants...but I digress. I just feel I have a duty as a formerly homeless person for six months to expose that guy and what he is doing.

Thank you Sue, I knew from the moment I read your blog and what you are doing through adopting those wonderful children that you are a special person. Tell your husband to make it home soon and Godspeed. February, isn’t it? When he gets back in Canada? It was so good to finally see what you look like. I enjoyed putting a face to the name.

Abbagirl,

You know I love ya to death and adore you as well. I don’t see Carolyn much these days as all she does is work, watch television, and then go to sleep and start the process again the next morning. I said all along this working for the evil empire (Wal-Mart) was going to be a bad deal for us. I miss her dearly and hope for some “quality” time together soon. Unfortunately, she is not an “outdoors kind of girl” so shows no interest in my camping and hiking endeavors. Call me some time and let’s just shoot the shit as George (Sherman) always used to tell me over a few Milwaukee’s Best Ice Beer. Hey, I am in therapy! *laughs out loud* Maybe, I can handle a few phone calls. At least, from such a dear friend as you.

Sorry for this long remiss. I haven’t written much this week and felt like sharing with some of my online friends. Thank you all so much for reading and being a part of my life these days. It has been a long, dark, and black first of the week and I am just overjoyed to finally see the light at the end of the tunnel for a change. I have had a wonderful day so far.

6 comments:

abbagirl74 said...

Well, I am sorry that Carolyn doesn't spend as much time as she once did. Too bad for her. I guess we are the lucky ones. That means we get more of your time! WooHoo! I meant what I said about helping you out on your adventure. Just tell me what you need, and I am there.

latibug said...

I am serious also....I know that you wouldn't do anything with the money that it was not intended for...in addition...I would not expect you to account for it to me....it would be a gift...think about it....I'm here and will give what I can.....

Summer said...

Jonathon... I had a friend whose daughter attempted the Trail. She had to stop because of a knee injury, but, I loved the stories and the pictures and friends she shared along the way. I think that you would be the BEST person for the job. I really do. What a great accomplishment that would be for you, for any of us. Unfortunately, I can't be further away than ten feet from an outlet for my hair dryer. But you can be sure that I would be with you in spirit, especially in your trek across Virginia.

PipeTobacco said...

?

Andrew said...

Pipe,

I was kind of confused by your question mark on my blog. I, in no way, was meaning to imply that you should fund my venture monetarily as I surmise you may have garnered from my writings. I only meant that maybe you could act as a friend or third party arbitrator for the funds donated to charity and could pick a suitable charity and give advice in such matters. I felt you were a friend and probably much more wise in such things being active in a publicly funded institution. I do not want your money or any of my reader’s money. I can fund the trip myself. It would be much cheaper to live on the trail for three month’s on my monthly stipend than living in my home and paying household maintenance during that time. I apologize if I confused you or offended you in any way.

PipeTobacco said...

Sir:

My "?" comment was not about your hiking adventure nor about any possible funding (I would likely want to contribute, by the way). My "?" was actually a question mark meant to ask... what about my comments the past few days. I had read down the essay and found many specific comments to others and had anticipated there might be some to me. That is all my question mark meant.

In hindsight, I probably should not have posted it. I apologize.

PipeTobacco