Friday, October 27, 2006

To My Good and Faithful Friend, Pipe Tobacco…

How could I be remiss in forgetting about you? I sometimes take it for granted that you have always been here for me. On those lonely, distraught, and cold homeless nights I snuck over to my late grandmother’s house and would stealthily open the door with my key to escape the cold and get on the computer, I would anxiously await a comment of encouragement from you. You have been with me from the very beginning and you will always be a dear and close friend to me. I guess I sometimes take it for granted that you know how much you mean to me. You have brought immeasurable joy to me over the years through your writings and comments and I am not being patronizing by writing the above paragraph. It is heartfelt and earnest in its intent. I am sorry if I take you for granted some days. Take care, dear sir, and thank you, as always, for being a part of my life.

No comments: