Thursday, October 12, 2006

Pouring Your Heart Out…

I poured my heart out to the therapist today for an hour. I know she thought, “Well, this one is not going to be hard to get things out of.” She kept asking me about my failed marriage.

“What did you think of being married?” She asked.

“If I were religious, I would think I was in a lower level of hell,” I replied.

She couldn’t help but smile. We then mainly talked about my social anxieties and phobias. She wants me to join a local chapter of NAMI and get involved. I know I come across as quite social online and with my interactions with the gang, but it belies the truth. If it weren’t for Carolyn, I would probably sit at home alone most days and never get out.

Me and mom the went and ate “Jesus fingers” at Jim Bob’s chicken fingers afterwards. My family irreverently calls it that in that the eatery is owned by this hyper religious couple and bible verses are plastered upon everything in the restaurant. They have awesome food though and it is cheap as well.

Well, I am really tired this afternoon and restless. I am also anxious to find out about Carolyn’s first day at work down at Wal-Mart. I know she will be tired. I am fixing us some supper consisting of vegetable beef soup and cornbread. She should be heading over anytime now. I have missed her today.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm happy that you were able to get into the therapist and talk about things. I hope you continue going and can really open up about things that are on your mind.

I would say my first marriage was the lower level of hell also...however, I am now in a good marriage and it is amazing what a difference that makes.

Again, I want to thank you for allowing me access to your blog. I have missed reading your posts every day.

Blessings,
Lisa

Jennifer said...

Marriage certainly isn't easy and mine wasn't all roses, but we did have some good things. I would very much like the chance to do it right this time.

summeraug said...

I'm waiting to hear about Carolyn's day. Did it get chilly there tonight? It's freezing here now! Brrrrrrr.

gregoire5 said...

... well, not bad for someone who'd easily stay at home all day... A woman you love and who loves you, the gang, steady readers, some of them look like friends... going to see Sherman's mom, going out with yours....

If I could I'd happily stay home too... but then I'm easily scared by the world sometimes, so it's also good I actually have to go to realize it is a healthy thing to do, mentally speaking.

Yet some of us do enjoy loneliness and being quiet more than others. A good pipe, a starry sky,
a walk in the countryside, reading....

OK time for the first cup of coffee of the day.

Yes, please, let us know how things went for Carolyn, if you wish.

Friendly thoughts,

Laurent