Wednesday, October 04, 2006

There and back again…

I arrived home from my AA meeting. I heard some things I really needed to hear. I also picked up another white chip signifying another first day of sobriety. God, I am hungover though. I used to could drink twenty beers and not have a hangover. Now, I drink six or seven and feel like shit.

Carolyn had some Cheeseburger Macaroni and a pan of cornbread made for lunch. I am just not a big fan of hamburger helper, but did eat one bowl. I filled up on the cornbread eating it with A-1 sauce. We are trying to save money for our Savannah trip by not eating out.

I got another letter in the mail today from George. He has been to court and is looking at a one year sentence with possible early release for good behavior. At least, I think that is what the letter says. George has the most horrible handwriting. He once again begged me for money. It reminds me of the time I was corresponding with “The Homeless Guy in NYC” one time. He always asked me for money as well. I only draw $836 dollars a month. Daddy Warbucks I am not.

4 comments:

summeraug said...

I'm glad you went. I'm proud of you! Feel better.

SKQBDOO said...

Way to get back in the saddle!!!

cozy_one said...

Good for you!! One step at a time and baby steps to boot.

Try rice with hamburger in it topped with your favorite chedder cheese. Cheap, yummy, and filling.

Lisa said...

I'm glad to hear you are getting back into AA. I hope it goes well.

As far as Sherman goes, that guy cracks me up.

Have you talked to his mother since he has been in jail?

Lisa