Thursday, October 19, 2006

Faux summer…

It is HOT! I had to turn on my air conditioner today. According to my wireless weather station the temperature is 86 degrees Fahrenheit outside today and eighty degrees in my home. The National Weather Service has severe storms predicted for us today, but so far the radar doesn’t look too impressive. I was hoping for a little more weather-wise fireworks this afternoon. I love a good thunderstorm and a rainy afternoon.

I am still not feeling well. I kind of panicked today and thought I had diabetes once again. I am kind of like my mother and can be a little obsessive compulsive and a worry wart. I drove down to my father’s pharmacy and got one of his technicians to check my blood glucose level. It was 91. My father said that was normal so I don’t have diabetes. At least, I hope I don’t. Dad said it was just my mental illness and gave me two 25 mg Librium to take. I took both and felt much better within fifteen minutes. It calmed me down. I guess he was right that I am just having panic attacks. It was all in my head.

It is hard to describe my symptoms these days. My head feels buzzy and I feel so tired and fatigued. I also have trouble sleeping and am constantly thirsty. I drank sixteen diet Cokes yesterday trying to quench my thirst. I have only drank two today. I definitely went overboard on the diet Coke thing yesterday. I just felt bad and needed some comfort.

“That is why you always drank,” Dad told me this afternoon. “When you get to feeling like this, a few drinks will calm you down and subdue you.”

“I know,” I replied. “I could really use a drink right now. I just want to feel better. I hate this damn mental illness. I hate being an alcoholic.”

Dad gave me a hug, walked me to the door, and I drove on home from his pharmacy.

Tonight, I and Mom start back our usual Thursday night dinner outings. We are going to Chuck’s barbeque. I plan on getting a chipped barbeque pork plate and spice it up with plenty of Tabasco sauce. I absolutely love Chuck’s barbeque. The stuff is absolutely delicious. They also have a wonderful Brunswick stew that comes with the plate. Hopefully, I will feel even better after getting a good, hearty, and nourishing meal in my belly. Good day.

4 comments:

cozy_one said...

Next time you feel so thirsty stay away from the sugary drinks silly. Try good old fashioned water. If you don't like drinking water add some lemon to it.

Yes, I understand you probably already know that..... :-)

But only because I care do I impart that information....again! LOLOL

summeraug said...

I think my husband drinks to feel better. I guess we all know that if you're feeling anxious a little alcohol soothes the savage beast. I wish I knew the answer for you, for all of us that just want to feel good.

It's sad that we feel bad in the first place.

abbagirl74 said...

I am so glad to hear that you and your mom are back to your usual dinner nights out. I wish I could get you to pick us all up a sandwich. Yum!

Glad to hear you are feeling a little better.

gregoire5 said...

could it be that the symptoms you're experiencing lately are due to some new medicine that would cause such side effects to you? Or new dosage of the regular one?

Wishing you the best!

Laurent