Wednesday, October 04, 2006

And my new home just grows and grows…

I spent most of the evening with Charlie and his son. We went over to my new house to survey today’s work on my utility/laundry room. It was amazing how fast they got it framed and erected. All they have left to do is put on the gabled roof and install the doors, steps, and windows. It should be finished by the time I get back from Florida.

I needed to buy a few groceries tonight so Charlie went along with me accompanied by his son Randall. Yes, Randall still has to buy his nightly can of shaving cream at the local Kroger.

“What do you do with all those cans of shaving cream?” I asked Charlie. “Randall must accumulate hundreds in a few months.

“I take them to the Goodwill and drop them off when he is asleep during the day,” Charlie replied. “He would get pissed if he knew I thinned out his collection from time to time. I have to do it on the sly.”

I laughed. Randall amuses me in a kind, cool, and good way. Special people certainly are special.

I then got caught by Jermaine at Kroger’s. Jermaine went to high school with me and my brother. He will ask me a thousand questions about Alex and just loves him. Jermaine is so overweight he has to use one of those powered scooters/wheelchairs to get around. I finally managed to politely escape the grasp of his conversation and snuck off to go buy my charcoal briquettes, ground sirloin/chuck, and hamburger buns. I am grilling my family famous burgers for me and Carolyn tomorrow evening.

3 comments:

SKQBDOO said...

Glad the house is going well. It must be exciting to check the progress everyday.

cozy_one said...

Wish I were there to experience the burgers....I can smell them from here...LOL

Can't wait to see pics of the house...how exciting!!

austere said...

Great about the house.
Correction- home