Monday, October 30, 2006

Concerns…

I am growing concerned about Carolyn. She called in sick all weekend and has stayed in the bed for most of it. I called her this morning trying to get her out of her funks.

“Why don’t you come over here and let me cook us a good breakfast this morning,” I told her.

“Don’t call me so early in the morning. I am going back to sleep,” She replied tersely as she almost hung up the phone.

“Well, it is just not like you to do this,” I said. “You are one of the hardest workers I know.”

“I think I really am sick,” She said. “I just don’t feel well.”

“Do you think you are depressed?” I asked.

She has had a lot of crap going on between her and her ex-husband lately and I thought that might be it.

“No, I am just deathly tired all the time. I think it is just menopause,” She replied.

“Well, I am here for you if you need me,” I said. “I wish you would go see Dr. Kamath.”

“Maybe I will get an appointment for this afternoon,” She replied. “I will talk to you later. I am going back to bed.”

We both hung up the phone.

I am growing very concerned about her. I don’t know the symptoms of menopause or whether is causes depression or not. She is 45 after all and it is about that time of life for a woman. I just wish there was something I could do to help her. I feel so useless about this whole affair. My life is never simple.

______________________________


On a more positive note, I slept through the whole night for once and feel so damn good and rested this morning. The National Weather Service is predicting a high of 79 degrees today. I am going to spend most of the day hiking and exploring this little small southern town I live in. I will, in no doubt, gravitate back down to the rails today. I want to hike across the old steel truss bridge that crosses the Chattahoochee once the air warms up. Let’s just hope no trains come roaring down the tracks while I am on that bridge. I will check the signals before crossing so don’t worry. Good day.

3 comments:

di said...

Hi again :)

It could be menopause, definitely. I'm mid 40's and I'm all done having that myself. Perhaps you can google for sites and information about it. What I can remember were mood swings, being very tired, feeling sick, the hot flashes were NOT fun!, night sweats and gaining weight.

Keep us posted if you can :)

kario said...

Yup, menopause is a bitch! It also can bring on depression - I know it did for me! The hormone swings caused me to become suicidal for a time but once I got stabilized on medications for hormone replacement and a mood enhancer I began to be able to live my life again. Keep bugging her even if she bitches at you!

Summer said...

Sounds like depression. Maybe brought on by the stress of the job change, which caused a lot of changes in her life. Change = loss of some sort and that might have contributed to her funk. I hope she feels better soon.