Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Coffee at 3:30 AM…

“Hey stranger,” I said as I walked into Fat Albert’s to fix me a cup of coffee.

“Hey doll,” Carolyn said gleefully as I walked in. “Shouldn’t you be asleep?”

“I couldn’t sleep,” I replied as I stood at the back counter preparing myself a cup of caffeinated bliss.

“Well, now that your man is here, you will be good for nothing,” I heard Debra say, Carolyn’s co-worker, over the din of the radio playing near the front counter.

“So, what are we going to do in Savannah,” Carolyn said as she propped up upon the counter in front of me as I drank my coffee.

“I have visions of nice restaurants and you in sexy dresses,” I replied.

“I’ve got to go shopping,” She told Debra as we all started to laugh.

“I’ve got a dress just in mind for you,” She then said leaning upon the counter as she smiled.

The way she looked at me sent shivers up my spine.

“Can I expect your presence when you get off of work?” I then asked her.

“I can’t wait until seven rolls around,” She said. “You will see me then.”

“I love you,” I replied.

“I love you too, hun,” She said.

I walked out to my car with my now half full cup of coffee. I got in, cranked up, and drove home. “I do love her,” I thought as I pulled up into my driveway. “I love her more than anything.” It’s not often a mentally ill, unemployed guy can find someone who cares about him so much and loves him unconditionally. “Thank my lucky stars,” is what I thought as I sat down to write this.

1 comment:

SKQBDOO said...

I lost you for a few days. I had not checked my yahoo account since I switched to gmail. Thanks for the invite, I had my feelings hurt and was missing my 4th Avenure Blues fix.