Friday, October 13, 2006

Sorry for the Boring Fluff. I just don’t have much to say or write about today…

Not much has happened today, but I felt like chronicling it. It has been a pretty mundane day. I took my car this morning to get its oil changed and the tires rotated and balanced. I and my mother then went grocery shopping for lunch for two.

“I would love some toasted deli shaved turkey and smoked Swiss sandwiches on wheat for lunch,” She told me on the phone. “Will you go with me and then make them?”

“I will pick you up in a minute,” I replied hungry as well.

We went shopping at Kroger and brought the sandwich fixings home. I toasted the sandwiches and served them with some kosher dill pickle spears and potato chips.

“This is like eating at a real New York deli,” Mom said satisfied as we ate.

“Well, I am glad you like them,” I told her.

I then left mom to take a nap and drove down to the pharmacy to pick up this week’s medications in their blister/bubble pack my father’s technicians prepare for me. I am terrible at taking all the countless pills I must ingest and we have been putting the medications in those bubble packs like he prepares for his nursing home accounts. It is much easier for me to keep up with what I have and have not taken.

I then came home and took a nap myself. *still yawning from that*

This afternoon my father called me to bring Maggie down into their backyard so my niece could play with her. Maggie was ecstatic about the whole affair and enjoyed herself more than anyone else. She and my niece ran and played for a good hour till they were both tuckered out. I sat in the grass and smoked my pipe intently. My father kept calling me “Professor” and it tickled me to death.

Well, let me get Carolyn and I some supper started. I am going to have a full house tonight and it should be interesting. Carolyn is going to have to make due with those Tyson formed heat and serve chicken patty sandwiches tonight and some French fries. I don’t feel much like cooking. I have been trying to get her up a meal though now that she is working so hard everyday. She already doesn’t like her new job. She is working twice as hard for just a few hundred extra dollars a month it seems. I knew deep in heart this would happen. Good thing Fat Albert’s will take her back in a heartbeat if she so desires. Good night.

4 comments:

abbagirl74 said...

Professor, huh? Sounds like another good friend of ours. I think he would be most pleased with the name for you. It's a compliment, I think.

SKQBDOO said...

This post gave me great joy to read. I could just picture all the scenes in my head. It sounds like a wonderful day. Hope all goes well with you company.

summeraug said...

This post made me happy and a little sad too. I am just so glad that things are going well with your parents. That means a lot to those of us who have troubled relationships with our own.

I hope that Carolyn's job improves, though I don't approve of Wally World, won't shop there, I just wanted her to have a less complicated life. Maybe this wasn't the answer.

Make the best of your company. It won't be as long as it has been. Ha!

gregoire5 said...

it's nice to hear about your mom and you going out. It seems to be a new move for her... but I haven't been reading your blog long enough to know.

About Carolyn, couldn't she maybe think about going back to "school" that is these adult schools we have here for adults who want to get a new , usually more qualified job? If we have them, you guys must have them!

Her age is not a problem, I have the same and this is what I'm doing right now in my life, and it is so interesting to do... even though, yes, challenging at times. Well just a thought anyway...

Then, how I'd love to see some pictures of these great american recipes, I love your food! I'd love to see some of your pipes, or your single pipe too.....

Best thoughts to you!

Laurent