Tuesday, October 10, 2006

The Light at the End of the Tunnel…

Carolyn is doing much better this morning. I just drove down to Fat Albert’s to buy her some lemon/lime Gatorade and she was able to keep it down. She definitely was dehydrated. She drank it voraciously.

“Woah, slow down,” I told her as she drank the fluids. “Don’t make yourself sick again.”

“God, I am so thirsty,” She replied. “This tastes so good.”

As usual, I am up at the crack of dawn. It is currently 5:34 EST. I slept well, but just can’t sleep past a certain point. I am also chomping at the bit to go pick up Maggie. I have missed her so dearly. The kennel doesn’t open until 8:00 AM. I will be glad to bring that gentle soul home. This kennel stay will have cost me a fortune. I should have gotten her out yesterday when I and Carolyn’s trip was called off. I was being lazy and had a thousand other things on my mind at the time.

I have just been fiddling around with installing a Microsoft wireless mouse. I plugged the receiver into a USB port on my computer and everything works fine after installing the drivers. I’ve had it for years and am just now using it. I do notice it is less smooth than a wired mouse. It is a little jerky.

I also had a long chat with Annabel last night. I was feeling down in the dumps, Carolyn was sick, and I was lonely. It was nice being able to talk to a good friend. She signed in and messaged me and my eyes lit up. Thank you Annabel for bringing some joy to a down in the dumps guy last night.

2 comments:

summeraug said...

I'm so glad she is feeling better. Only one hour and fifty two minutes until it's Maggie time!

Jennifer said...

You're so very welcome!