Tuesday, October 17, 2006

News from Sherman and a Ferret sighting…

I received yet another letter in the mail from George (Sherman.) I guess since the blog is password protected I can now reveal his real name. He was telling me how he misses his cigars. They don’t let you smoke in jail any longer. I went by to check on his mother tonight to see if she needed any groceries at his request. She told me she was fine, but may need me to take her next week. George’s cousin Monte has been taking her around for her various errands in George’s absence.

The scuttlebutt down at the shopping center is that Ferret is back in town. I saw Dumpster Diving Dan this morning and he said he had seen him hanging around the shopping center again. Dan also said he looked like a new man and had gained a lot of weight. Hopefully, he won’t start back drinking like he did before entering that group home for indigent and addicted men. I am unsure if he is still homeless or not. With winter coming on, I hope he has a warm home to go to every night. I just hope he isn’t back with that lush of a mother of his. She was a worse alcoholic than Ferret.

I haven’t done much today but just go shopping for groceries. Kroger had a sale on 10 2-liters for .99 cents each so I stocked up on diet Coke. I then swung by my new house to look at the new roof they have erected upon my utility/laundry room. It really looks good and I get more excited with every day that passes about being able to move in. Just think. A home of my own, all paid for, and it will always be mine. I will never be homeless again.

4 comments:

summeraug said...

Post some pictures when it's all done and one of Maggie too.

becky said...

Jonathan, pics would be great.

It sounds like a quiet day for you yesterday. I'm glad. I think you needed some routine, eh friend?

Peace today.

abbagirl74 said...

Hey, how about some pics AND an audio post? Would love to hear the sexy southern drawl of yours. Glad to hear the you saw Dan and that Ferret has gained some weight. Gotta go, but have a super day!

cozy_one said...

Hey Jonathan,

A pic of the new house in progress would be great!

I can't imagine being homeless, altho I'm darn close to it myself. I stave off the wolves day to day. My car is awefully small.....but it will do in a pinch I guess. I may make JUST enough to make my car payment and keep it.......MAYBE.

I agree that it would be great if Ferret would continue on his positive track.

Take care my friend.