Friday, October 20, 2006

Guard Dawg…

When I get to feeling down is always a good time to pitch ye olde tent in the backyard and camp out for the night. I left Maggie to run in the backyard as I climbed into my tent around 9 PM yesterday evening. I was soon fast asleep and sleeping like a baby. I always sleep better out of doors and in my warm sleeping bag upon the ground. I have found it actually helps my back. I cheated and took my pillows outside though.

4 AM rolled around and I was suddenly awakened to Maggie tearing across the yard barking furiously. I lit my candle lantern and poked my head out of my tent to find overcast skies lit a muted orange from the lights of the city and it was drizzling softly. The wind was also briskly blowing after a cold front rolled through during the night. I smiled at my good fortune. What a good morning to awaken to. I lit a cigarette and sat quietly listening to the soft patter of rain drops upon my tent at it’s door. I donned my little Sony radio headphones and listened to the last hour of Coast to Coast AM with a morning of spooky ghost stories from people calling in. What a wonderful way to start the day. I feel like a new man this morning and am rearing to go. I think I shall find some adventure to get tangled into today. It is time to escape the bonds of this house for a change.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm so glad that you were able to reawaken your spirit with a little backyard camping. I can't wait to hear about today's adventure.

abbagirl74 said...

aha, perhaps a trip to see the gang?

Cheryl said...

Camping always makes you feel better. I'm glad it was a great night for you. Just what you needed.