Monday, October 09, 2006

Savannah is off…

Carolyn woke up this morning deathly sick. She has been throwing up and has diarrhea. I sat with her all morning as she lay in my bed. I think she has a stomach bug. I put a cool washcloth upon her forehead and a pan beside the bed in case she got sick again. She has the dry heaves.

Well, it seems we will not be going to Savannah this week. I called and cancelled our hotel reservations. I promised her I would take her as soon as she could get some more time off. I hate to see her like this. She is miserable. My heart just melted when she held my hand and told me she loved me and she also told me thanks for seeing about her. It is so hard for me to see someone I love to be in such pain. I want to make her okay.

Am I devastated by not being able to drive 300 miles today? No! But I am more interested in seeing Carolyn get well again. I am tempted to call my brother and have him write her a prescription for something that will make her feel better. If she can just keep down whatever my brother prescribes. (I never call my brother for prescriptions so you know the situation is dire and she is in need.)

3 comments:

austere said...

Fluids- Electral, if you can manage that. lemon juice with extra sugar otherwise.

If she is crampish then its possibly an infection and needs norfloxacin tinidazole.

If the dry vom does not stop after some time, maybe youd want to give a domperidone.

rest, and quiet.

cozy_one said...

I'm sorry to hear Caroline is not feeling well. The trip was not meant to be at this time.....I'm sure when it does it will be awesome :-)

abbagirl74 said...

Well, in a way I am selfishly happy that you won't be leaving us. It is absolutely so hard to not read about you every day. It's like not talking to my co-workers, although secretly I wish I didn't have to sometimes.
Hooray! You are going to be home. Perhaps you can steal a small camping trip this weekend before it gets too cold in the night. That would be loads of fun. A big campfire, cuddling up against someone you love to be around. Aaah, I would be in heaven.