Sunday, October 01, 2006

Date with my New House…

I and Charlie drove over to my new house tonight. Things are looking great. They are beginning work on my new utility/laundry room and have dug the foundation. It will jut off the back of the house outside my kitchen. The new kitchen cabinets and counter tops are installed along with a stainless steel double sink with a garbage disposal. Charlie also had the workers install a vent/hood over the stove. He is freely spending the money from the matured savings bonds my grandmother recently gave me. I trust him though. All that money is being poured into my new house and Charlie is making sure things go smoothly and look great. He is truly an awesome friend.

We decided on the paint scheme tonight and the layout of my furniture. The piano will go in my den along with my sleep-away couch and home theater system. The front bedroom will be my hobby/computer room and I will sleep in the quiet back bedroom.

Charlie also went out and bought a new refrigerator and had it installed along with its ice maker. I cringed at the cost, but I needed it. The fridge here stays with the house and it is an eighties model with no ice maker. I am so going to enjoy having ice on demand. I have been filling those damnable ice trays for years now and I go through a lot of ice during the summer as I hate to run the air conditioner during the day. As you can imagine, it gets quite hot in southern Alabama during the summer.

Well, I just thought some of you would like an update on the house. I hate I sold my digital camera and wish I could upload some pictures. Maybe, I will ask for a new camera for Christmas if I can overcome the urge to do my yearly computer hardware upgrades this year.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Sounds like they are making some great progress. What happens to the house you are in once it your new house is ready to move into?