Thursday, July 21, 2016

A Day Off is a Good Day Indeed...

My father usually has to work most Thursdays. I called him to ask a question and to give him a financial warning. He surprised me in a good fashion by being at home.

"What is momma doing?" I asked him very curiously.

Dad was drinking a diet Coke and watching the television.

"She is watching me and asking me a hundred hard questions," dad told me as we both chuckled. "She is also so excited that she can see and read without her glasses."

You could hear my mother chuckle nervously in the background.

"I am going to go fill up my car with gas so don't be surprised at the $25 dollar or more charge on my debit card," I told him.

I wanted to ask for my medications but held off for the time being.  I was feeling some slight to moderate withdrawal. 9:30pm will be here before I know it, though.

"Just bring me the receipt," my father told me cautiously.

1 comment:

glittermom said...

Why does he need the receipt? To verify you bought gas and not beer....