Wednesday, July 13, 2016

I've Got Visitors Coming and I Explain Why I am Scared...

One of the fist things to go when you are a severe alcoholic is your dental hygiene. My first thing I did when awakening in the morning was to crack open another beer to chase away the hangover from last night. You don't brush your teeth. Well, all of this took a terrible toll on my teeth after doing this for 20 to 30 years and I am embarrassed about.it. Mom has told my father that she is going to pay the required $2500 to get me in some dentures. We're just waiting for one more tooth to go and then I will be no longer be able to chew. I pray my visitors don't think I am some country bumpkin who fell off the hay truck on the ride down. My friend, Annabel, arriving in a few days, is a kind person so I hope she will understand. That is my main worry about them coming to to see me.

Mobilize the Medications...

http://www.reliantrxwa.com/
I called my father a few hours ago and he was down in Auburn.

"You ok? Chuck?" he asked me.

"Yeah, this is just one of those days where I need my medications early," I replied.

"I will call you when I get home," my father told me. "You okay? You haven't asked for your medications early in weeks!"

"You know how the fickle winds of mental illness ebb and flow," I replied to my father.

Well, that could be 1 hour or 5 hours said in such a nebulous way.  I hope he gets home soon. I will feel 100% percent better 1 hour after taking my medications.

Dad did say we need to start saving up some of my Klonopin to take on days like today. He would allow me to keep the pills to use them when I need them. That is a major event in the medication situation around here.

It turns out my injection is in the morning which instigated all of this.  It's that time every two weeks. 

Don't Wake the Peacefully Sleeping Dragon...

https://www.pinterest.com
My father just called me at 6pm and I drove over to get my medications.

"Don't dare wake your sleeping mother, " he said. "We are having quiet time around here."

I smiled as my father doled out my medications to me.

"I am going to head on," I told my father. "Mom will certainly awaken if she hears my voice."

Dad squeezed my hand and told me he would call me in the morning to be sure I am up for my injection at 9am..

3 comments:

Annabel said...

No worries Andrew! I'm looking forward to the visit and can't wait to see you!

Jan said...

I am so jealous! I can't wait for the three of you to get together. You guys have been like family to me for quite a while.

Have fun and think of me...your visit will be on my 65th birthday!

Jan!

amelia said...

Why do you have to wait for one more tooth to go? What's wrong with letting the dentist take care of things now?