Tuesday, July 19, 2016

I Gamble and My Mother Wins...

I say I gambled as the weather was about to turn terrible -- the weather radar is lit up like a Christmas tree this evening.

I just drove over to check on my mother. She is home after surgery this morning. Her eye looks all nasty and bloodshot. She wanted me to call the clinic to check if that was okay.

"You're fine," I told my mother.

"The doctor said that would happen," my father deftly chimed in not wanting this to get any more complicated.

Strong thunderstorms were bearing down upon us from Troup County Georgia. I quickly drove home after a cursory visit. Dark and ominous clouds chased me all the way.



Medication Time? 7:30pm? 3 Cheers For Papa!


I swear that just was the earliest visit my father has ever endowed me with. He was on my heels from my previous drive to see my mother. Dad gave me my medications and left to beat the storm clouds home. You could see vivid lightning on the horizon from a second round of storms blowing in.

"Watch," my father told me. "The storms will fizzle out before they get here as the earlier ones did. We so need the rain."

No comments: