Thursday, July 28, 2016

Nurses Need Vacations, Too!

https://www.pinterest.com
When I was at mom and dad's last night, I asked my father what day is my injection. He looked at the next appointment card in his wallet.

"Good thing you asked Chuck," my father replied. "Your injection is in the morning."

We had both about forgotten this little detail of my mental healthcare.

You Rang?

Dad called me this morning and I was in dreamland -- not easily awoken. The phone loudly rang which was an acute intrusion on my tender sensibilities. I almost threw my shoe at the phone.

"Get a shower and shave, put on some respectful clothes, and I will meet you at the pharmacy at nine," he told me.

Today's journey took 30 minutes from the time I left the house until I sat back down in front of this computer to write this missive. Rebecca was relieved to see me as she is on vacation next week. She said she was about to call my father.

 It is really awesome how Kamath Medical gets me in and sends me back home in such a prompt manner. I don't think i could take dawdling doctors and nurses most days and the lobby is like an icebox. I once again carried a much-needed jacket with me.

I did remember to get my coveted two regular 20oz Coca-Colas before leaving the pharmacy. I also got some cheese on wheat crackers of which I am munching on as I write this. The Lance brand is mighty tasty.

1 comment:

glittermom said...

You need to hang a calander on the wall and mark appointments and important dates on it...I never leave it to chance to remember things.