Saturday, July 02, 2016

Another Day With No Deniro...


I just looked into my wallet hoping to have some money to eat out tonight. Alas, what I thought was a $20 dollar bill was a measly $1 bill. Oh, what mischief I could achieve with a twenty dollar bill! I probably would be commiserating with General Tso down at the Zen House this evening. I wonder what my father would say if I took some liberties with my disability account? 

"No Chinese for You!"

I'm going through the motions of life today -- the vagaries we must all do on a daily basis to keep us presentable to our families and the public. I really wanted to forgo a shower and be lazy without leaving the house or taking off my pajamas. That idea got nixed when my father called me telling me that two of my nieces were coming over to see Maggie.  I furiously took a shower and began to clean house.

"Daddy says you build computers," Olivia told me after they arrived. "Did you build all those computers in your computer room?"

"I sure did. I am A+ certified to repair computers," I replied. "Talk your dad into letting me build you a computer as well."

Olivia got excited, but then said Lilly, her older sister, would take over use of the computer.

"Maggie barks in French and English," I then heard my father tell my nieces in the den. "She's the princess of Mauritania and Maratouse."

I got the biggest smile on my face. The kids squealed with glee and many questions followed.

"How do you know when she barks in English and then barks in French?" Lilly asked.

Dad and the girls left to go to the Franklin Delano Roosevelt's "Little White House" in Warm Springs, Ga. I declined an invite and decided to just stay home.

2 comments:

Rita said...

How old are your nieces? I think it was great that they came to see you!

I know that your anxieties might be a road block to this, but helping Olivia build her own computer would be a great thing. It would really be her computer then, and she would and could understand the workings of her future computers.

glittermom said...

Do kids even know who FDR is? How old are these kids?