Monday, July 11, 2016

Let's Get Papa and Let's Get this Show on the Road...

I called my father this afternoon and told him the National Weather service had just issued a special weather statement for our county in Alabama warning us of very severe weather. This is why I call them weather guessers and not forecasters.

"I am headed home now," my father said over his cellphone from his car.

Well, after all of that, we didn't get jack squat. I think we got around 2 drops of rain here at the house (a little hyperbole) although the wind was mighty impressive making this old house groan and  moan. My father said this would happen and it did. It's like this great moisture sucker is parked over our county. We are also back in drought status for Chambers county even in spite of the deluge that happened during Christmas.

Hungry, But Completely Happy...

http://budgetgroceryshopping.com/

I am ready to get this grocery show on the road and stock up my pantry for another week. If my father arrives at 9pm then we will promptly take my medications and head to Kroger. The foods I can't forget this week are 4 cans of Underwood deviled ham and Ritz crackers. I also want plenty of bananas this week. Both, two of my new favorite food fascinations.

Don't Stop Moving Or You Are Trapped...
Jermaine, bless his heart, rode the short-bus when we were kids in grade school.

Last week, as dad and I were walking out of Kroger, we got accosted by Jermaine which is nothing new. Jermaine just likes to shop at the same time my father does.  We go so late to the grocery store so my father will not get "caught" he knows so many people in the Valley. Jermaine goes that late because it is easier for him to get in and out with minimal traffic.

"Where is your Hov-A-Round?" I asked Jermaine immediately noticing he was walking to the store.

"I've lost 30 more pounds," Jermaine happily chattered.

That's like 60 pounds in total. I was very impressed and told him so.

No comments: