Monday, July 18, 2016

Busy Around Here...

http://www.no1chinesesouthorange.com/
Mom and I are playing phone tag this afternoon. She's got a million things to tell me and can't fit it all in one simple phone call.

Tomorrow is the last part of her cataract surgery -- her right eye. She sounded excited about it when I called her last hour to come and get my Cokes. The Secretary lives for this kind of stuff. I have told my father often that mom is a health insurance companies worst nightmare and I am saying it again for emphasis.

"I am giving you two days of sodas and we are going to the Zen House Chinese reastaurant to eat supper this week if the surgery goes okay," my mother told me.

Mom called me right back to ask how many Swisher Sweet cigarillos I wanted. I told her just to put two packs of cigarillos  in the bag with my Cokes.

Dad called me earlier from work and told me to get ready to get my groceries tonight.

"It is the only chance we have to get them this week," he told me. "Don't have an anxiety or panic attack!!!"

He sounded happy and chipper which was fine  by me. At least we won't have a grouchy and grumpy Papa for grocery night and he might put a few extra groceries in my cart. He heads to the beach with his cousins, Jean and Johnny, in a few days.

1 comment:

glittermom said...

Got your grocery list?