Tuesday, July 05, 2016

Mark 'Em All Down Cause They've All Got to Go!

http://www.nation.co.ke/
Tonight's grocery shopping efforts cost $51 dollars. The holidays got our schedule all screwed up.

"Oh, we won't stay at your sister's very long," my mother told me yesterday ominously.

It was 10.30pm last night when Charlie showed up at my house with my medications and an offer to take me to the grocery store. I declined and told Charlie he didn't have to do that. I didn't like going so late anyway and I already had my pajamas on as well.

Fast forward in time to what was tonight's grocery store visit.

My father remarked to me how much food I got for that amount of money. I even got chocolate glazed Krispy Kreme doughnuts at under $3 (for quick sale).

"Maybe you could write about your efforts shopping for groceries and being obsessive compulsive," my father told me as we walked out to our cars.

It was food for thought. Just a book about my families and my interactions would be a large tome upon itself

I have a new addiction and it is bananas. Dad put some in my cart last week when we spent $87 and they were so delicious. I don't like them too ripe, though. They reach that perfect point of ripeness when they are so delicious -- kinda al dente like pasta.

ww.recipeshubs.com
I relented and reluctantly went back to frosted flakes and cereal tonight. I missed them oh so much this past week. I also got raisin bread and peanut butter -- a food my father got me hooked on. Those two items and a cold glass of milk were made in heaven for each other.


The only thing I forgot was my $6.99 family sized box of Cheez-Its. I had a list written out and it still escaped my gaze.

Sadly, it wasn't in my budget to buy a lot of breakfast foods this week. Maggie and I will be having cheese on toasty unfrozen biscuits this week and unfrosted strawberry Pop-Tarts as well

No comments: