Friday, July 29, 2016

Dangerous Liaisons...

"Come outside and look at this crazy shit," my father told me before the medication ritual tonight.

They say that alcoholism is the very definition of insanity -- trying the same thing over and over and expecting difference results to no avail.

I had been asleep for most of the day in my recliner and was jarred awake by a very loud knock on my door. My father had snuck up on me and my proximity alarm (Magster) as well. We weren't expecting him for another hour.

Apparently, George had driven into his laundry room on the carport today. The door frame was dented to hell and the laundry room door was sitting on the ground. Bricks lay scattered everywhere about. There was also some very noticeable damage to the front end of his Dodge Caravan. Dad gave me a lecture as to the fact I was headed down the same road as George before I got sober.

3 comments:

Christina said...

Let's hope his driving days are over.

Unknown said...

Or maybe just not drink and drive or drive under the influence.

glittermom said...

I've seen this happen a lot ,older people driving into stores,etc....not drunk just get gas and brake mixed up...