Sunday, July 10, 2016

It Has Never Been So Right to be So Wrong...

http://www.bestlargebreedpuppyfood.net/
Yesterday, Maggie started on a completely new dog food diet. We will eat only dog food and see if that improves her health over the next few weeks.

Maggie's previous health problems can best be described as a series of "wildfires" that promptly need to be put out -- mainly skin problems and yeast infections. We will see if this helps. You can say, "I told you so." Go ahead.

Our Charlie just stopped by with bacon egg and cheese biscuits and it seems I will be eating alone today. Maggie has begged and begged, but I will not relent. I am practising what is commonly referred to as "tough love". I've had my fair share of it dished out to me over the years as well. It is not fun, but it is what's for the best.

Charlie was in an uncommonly good mood today. He was carrying on about how beautiful my crepe myrtle looked in full bloom this morning.

Like a Well Choreographed Dance...

My motherboard on my main PC gaming computer seems to be going out. The problems seem to be issues with memory management. It has often been finicky with ram. If the memory frequency gets over 1600MHz then system instability ensues. I will get Windows 10's version of the blue screen of death. I have another motherboard of the same make and model. Just getting that new motherboard installed seems like such a gargantuan task at the moment.

4 comments:

glittermom said...

Have some kind of dog biscuit for Maggie when your eating...they don't care what it is as long as they are getting a treat. They have healthier dog biscuits.

Jan said...

I know, I know, I keep beating you up about giving Maggie people food and I am DELIGHTED that you are considering a dog appropriate diet...

So what's my problem? Please be sure that it's a quality dog food. Also, I had much better luck transitioning my dogs to a new food slowly. 1/2 bland people food (boiled ground meat or chicken and rice) and 1/2 dog food for a week...next week, increase the dog food and finally, after 2 weeks, straight dog food. When I transitioned my dogs too fast, they got the runs. What a mess!

I know, I'm not your mom, but I sure can boss you around, can't I?

Have a good day!
Jan

Jan said...

PS High five to glittermom! She is right! One of my dogs thought one of those baby carrots were a delicacy, especially because we made such a fuss about her when handing them out.

Shirley, the world's dumbest corgi, thinks ice cubes are the greatest. She'll do anything for an ice cube!

glittermom said...

Did we have chicken Sunday? 🍗