Monday, July 25, 2016

I'll Take a Flogging for $1000 Alex...

There are a dozen things I would rather be doing than buying groceries tonight. I am just not in the mood for doing that chore this evening. I would rather sit here and be hungry. My father won't take no for an answer, though. Never does. He is such a task master most days about this matter.

"You will be glad you have it done when you get home and put up your groceries," he will tell me.

He's pretty much right. It will be nice to have something alternative like milk to drink for a few days.

I am so sorry today that I haven't even gone and got my soda allotment for the evening. It seems like such a gargantuan task. I always buy a bunch of junk food when I grocery in such moods as well. Get in and get out as fast as I can is my modus operandi.

Charlie brought me a grand meal yesterday evening. In a plastic sack were two deliciously grilled hamburgers, potato salad, zesty slaw, baked beans, and a delicious slice of Horsefly's store bought birthday cake. Charlie also brought my medications to take. We fed and watered Maggie and then Charlie was on his way.

The Internet at Warp Speed...

WOW! introduced a new internet speed last week and I am so very much drooling.  It is an astonishingly fast 300 Mbps down and 20 Mbps up. It costs $89.99 a month. I did a little begging last night and will continue to do so today. It would be my dream come true. In juxtaposition, I have 30 Mbps down and 5 Mbps up at the moment.

"I wish you could work and get these kinds of things with your own money," my father told me callously last night.

I had a face-palm moment for a few seconds there when my father said that.

4 comments:

skinny minny said...

YOUR disability money IS your money. So is any inheritance money you may have or receive.
I hope your grocery shopping is fruitful

amelia said...

What Skinny minny said. She's right on!

Jan said...

I had the same thought when I read that.

Sharyn said...

It is your money. But he is your representative payee. Do you even know what your utility bills are? Mortgage/rent? Car insurance? Computer parts? HOW much DO you make on Disability? Dad may be transferring in more than you thought....