Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Gonna End Up a Big Old Pile of Them Bones...


I know it's kinda macabre, but my father and I were discussing death and the afterlife this morning. Dee's funeral Sunday prompted this.

"It is very scary to some people that there is nothingness after they die," he told me told me very animatedly. "There is no afterlife at all when you take that 'celestial' dirt nap."

My father is a weird kind of Atheist. He loves to go to church to listen and participate in music. He just takes the proselytizing about Jesus with a grain of salt.

"That's why we've got over 4000 different religions on this planet," I replied. :"They call it the God part of the brain."

Dad went off on this long winded diatribe that obtaining immortality is via your genes.

"I guess that's is why I am a genetic dead end?" I asked him when our discussion moved on to Darwin and evolution.  .

I reiterated my desire to be be cremated and poured into our little lake. I also wrote about one of my cardinal sins which is to never discuss politics and religion on the blog.

No comments: