Thursday, July 28, 2016

George Has Got the Blue Light Blues...

http://papublicsafety.com/
The police pulled up in front of my house this afternoon lights flashing. My heart leapt up into my throat as my hands began to tremble. I didn't need this shit today.

"Are you George?" a very stoic looking police officer with heavy tinted sunglasses asked me.

These guys all looked business. I thought about what terrible deed in my drunken drinking past has come back to haunt me at first before the officer mentioned George's name.

"He lives next door to your left," I told Mr. Policeman guardedly.

I sighed as I shut my door, but I really don't want to see my very kind neighbor get in trouble.

Well, I was a terrible busybody/nosey neighbor (just call me Ethel) and stood by my porch door so I could hear what was being said.  The police department had several calls about a weaving and swerving tan Dodge van that looked just like George's car's description. The driver seemed intoxicated and a good samaritan called in to the police station with George's license plate number.

5 comments:

Summer said...

I had neighbors that would leave their Christmas lights up until June. I complained about it once to a friend and he called me Gladys Kravitz, the nosey neighbor on the tv show Bewitched. LOL!

Christina said...

I would absolutely complain about a drunk driver. They KILL people.

glittermom said...

Sorry to hear this...

Rita said...

Ever since he moved in next door to you, you have reported on his excessive drinking. It is only a matter of time before someone who drinks and drives, like he does either does some serious damage or gets caught. I pray no one has been hurt.

Anonymous said...

I haven't kept up and thought this was THE George who I thought was in prison. Different George, I got it now! Funny they got your house by mistake. My story is similar. A bunch of police showed up on my door. They told me they were there regarding my daughter. At that time, my daughter was a whole state away and ready to give birth to my first granddaughter. I screamed! I mean if local cops are coming to get you because your daughter is having a baby, well it must mean something is HORRIBLY wrong! In the midst of me asking if she was ok, they are saying, "You tell us!" I say, "Please don't play with me! IS SHE OK??" Turns out, wrong white trailer. They wanted the white trailer next door and it was regarding THEIR daughter! I never found out what she did. I was so wiped out by the cops mistake, I did what I do. I called the media! Now, the police are more careful, at least in that town, before the alarm old ladies!