Tuesday, July 19, 2016

"Magnificent Me," He Said Before His Final Blunder...

Vertigo was for breakfast this morning as I woke up not knowing where I was or what time of the day it was. I looked at my alarm clock and it was 1pm. Boy, Maggie and I sure can do some sleeping these days.

I guess I am truly my mother's son as we are so much alike. Hell, dad says I got the worst of him and momma both gene wise. I am just one big amalgamation of bad genes and anxiety wrapped up in one messy blundering package.

I have been foregoing breakfast since Maggie can't join in. A friend suggested that I scramble her two eggs completely plain, It would be good protein for Maggie, but I am not going to jeopardize the incredible turnaround she's had healthwise lately. She is like a different dog -- not spending all her time scratching in misery. The poor thing can rest now. One eye is still a little infected, but I hope it clears up soon as it looks a whole helluva lot better. Her left eye is completely clear. She looks more bright eyed and bushy tailed with each day that passes.

http://www.thewallyworldwoman.com/

Last night's grocery shopping blunder was to get Underwood's chicken spread and roast beef spread. I was so aggravated with myself when I got home and decided to have a before bed snack with some Ritz crackers and some hot sauce. I meant to get deviled ham as that is what I love most. The chicken spread was kind of weird tasting.

4 comments:

amelia said...

Egg scrambled plain won't hurt her at all.

Jan said...

I don't think the eggs will hurt her either, but don't season them or fry them in butter. Lots of dogs are sensitive to dairy.

Another thing you might try is to hold a little bit of her dinner to give her first thing in the morning when she claims she's starving.

You are such a good doggie dad, but you do need to eat breakfast!

Jan

skinny minny said...

Eggs...the gateway people food...lol! Don't do it it will become to easy to then say oh a little of this won't hurt her.
I myself had a real bad vertigo attack last week. Had me walking into walls when i could even manage to stand up without throwing up for two days. Still have the occasional waves but at least the floor is staying below my feet solidly. HATE vertigo!

Jenn said...

Eggs probably won't hurt her, but if she's doing well maybe you should leave her be. It will be easier on her to get used to her dog food and not start expecting people food again. My brother has a little dog and she just can't have people food. She does so much better with out it.