Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Let's Lay This Day to Rest...

http://www.havingfunfirst.com/
Now that it is dark, my bat brethren have left their belfries.

It has just been one of those days, ya know? I am tired, haggard, and ready to go to bed. I will say that and I bet I am on this computer to way after midnight listening to music. Right now, I am on a big Linkin Park fixation. My teenage boy angst may have made a resurgence in my life. What would you consider the band Linkin Park? Metal? Rap?

Out of Tijuana...

Mom brought Mexican tonight and the chicken fajitas were better than usual. They always need to cook them more than they do and today they did. I shouldn't be complaining, though, as it is a real treat to get a restaurant meal every week. I often have to evoke my "Auschwitz Mantra" during these moments. Let no mouths go unfed.

"Look at the sky!" I told my mother very seriously as I stood by her car in the front yard.

"It looks ominous and dark," she replied when I then saw a bolt of lightning on the horizon.

"That means Martha needs to put the car in the garage and be somewhere safe when it hits."

"I am headed home now," my mother said who is usually oblivious to the weather.

You Look Healthy...

That's what my father told me tonight when he was giving me my medications.

"You looked like death warmed over for a few years there," my father told me not holding back at all.

Dad didn't sit down tonight as he din't want Maggie's hair all over his nice work clothes.I am sure Maggie was looking on the proceedings with an air of indignity.

No comments: