Thursday, July 14, 2016

Dumbstruck...

The Stars were aligned perfectly for my injection this morning. Everything was going smoothly. I have learned that even on the hottest days to carry me a jacket as they keep the Pharmacy and the lobby of Kamath Medical so cold. I got my injection and headed back up the road to give my father my next appointment card.

"Did you hear?" Dad asked. "Dee Dee passed away."

I was dumbfounded as no one said anything about it at Kamath Medical. I did notice Dee Dee wasn't there, though, and made the callous remark to Pat that she had it all to herself today.

"She had leukemia," my father replied.

"I was wondering why I hadn't seen her in a few weeks," I told my father. "I didn't even know she was sick."

I drove home thanking the ethos for my health. Dee Dee was such a good and kind person not deserving of such an end and of such a short life.

1 comment:

Christina said...

What a sad thing to read about Dee Dee. I am sorry, my friend. :(