Monday, July 25, 2016

Hot Dog Heaven...

https://www.hy-vee.com
Dad and I performed the medication ritual while we bantered back and forth between us about various topics.

"Come on son and let's go get you some groceries," he said to me as he stood up from the couch.

The last light of dusk was on the horizon at 9pm. Dad marveled how long the days seem lately.

I met my father at Kroger's and we headed inside to get this necessary and dreaded ritual underway.

I got two large bags of Ball Park hot dog buns and some Hebrew National bun length franks tonight. I've been craving them for days and my dream came true.

My father doesn't like the "frou-frou" Hebrew National franks and he told me so.

"I just want a regular plain jane hot dog like Charlie grills them," my father told me with his nose upturned.

Charlie's grilled hot dogs are certainly delicious I had to agree.

"You got me hooked on these," I told my father with a grin as I put 3 very large bunches of bananas on the conveyor belt to be rung up.

They had organic bananas on sell tonight and the price was exorbitant.

I got Maggie some Pupperoni dog treats before leaving and she seems to like them. This aspect of Monday night will probably become a regular part of Monday night grocery shopping so Maggie won't feel so left out. Maggie better not go bury them in the backyard as it will be a feast for the neighborhood opossums and raccoons.

1 comment:

Jen said...

My husband proposed to me over Hebrew National hot dogs!!!