Sunday, July 17, 2016

A Sad and Somber Day...

http://www.cremationresource.org/
I went to a very sad and sudden funeral service today where lots of tears and tissues were in abundance. Dee had lots of admirers and friends I noted. Dad went with me as he had gotten to know Dee very well working in the pharmacy all those years.  She had worked at Kamath Medical for 21 revolutions around the sun. Now I know why everyone was so somber Thursday during my injection visit.

"She went to the emergency room the other night for chest pains and they ran some tests and found out she had advanced stage leukemia," my father told me as we were driving to the funeral service. "She didn't last much longer than that!"

"You've gained some weight," Dr. Kamath said to me with a warm smile. "You look healthier."

Dee got cremated. I told my father I also wanted to get cremated as well. I want my ashes to be poured into our pond out in God's country near Waverly, Al.

And the World and Life Marches Ever Forwards...

My father and Charlie are now out and about getting our Sunday night fried chicken. Mom, the rebellious one, is getting her usual Wendy's hamburger. I just went and emptied all my trash so Charlie wouldn't feel compelled to do so. I am getting my usual which is a 3 piece box of original recipe Kentucky Fried Chicken. Someone pass the hot-sauce and the napkins.

Annabel...


Sorry about yesterday. I am simply bereft of social skills. I had one of my classic panic/anxiety attacks about the whole matter. I just didn't feel able to go through all that needed to be done to for a visit. I just shutdown and went and hid. Know that I care about you very much. It just wasn't in the stars or cards for me.

Unabashedly Right...

You all were right. I was just too stubborn and set in my ways to believe it. Most of Maggie's yeast infection on her chest has cleared up after a week of only eating her dog-food.  It's been a struggle for Maggie and myself. Maggie is being very vocal when she doesn't get her usual breakfast or people food.

2 comments:

Jan said...

Yay for you! I can just see you explaining to Maggie that it is for her own good. I'm proud that you are being a great doggie-dad and sticking to her restrictions.

Maggie may be too smart for this, but Shirley, my Pembroke Welsh Corgi, thinks ice cubes are a treat. My hubby, Ron, is 74 and never had a pet (not even a fish) until we got married 2 1/2 years ago. He adores Shirley and gave her treats until she was diagnosed as obese at 13 months. We're working on diet and exercise.

One last thing about diet: Bill, my English Mastiff always stunk until I put him on a strict diet of high quality food. After about 2 weeks, he smelled so much better.

Only good things in store for Miss Maggie!

Annabel said...

It's ok Andrew - I understand and wasn't surprised. Glad I got to experience Rogers BBQ for myself. I had the catfish plate at your recommendation and it was really good (and HUGE).