Tuesday, July 26, 2016

The Dog Days of Summer...

Sirius, the dog star, is here above the horizon and boy is he hot. The dog days of summer are well underway. This kind of weather keeps the Magster and I in the well air-conditioned indoors. It was a quick trip to go get my sodas a few minutes ago -- my car feeling like a blast furnace in the bowels of hell. My Honda was finally cooling down as I pulled in my parent's back driveway.

I didn't know Sirius was a binary solar system with Sirius A and the much smaller white dwarf star Sirius B (about the size of the earth).

"Don't forget I am bringing you a Mexican meal tonight," my mother told me sticking her head out of the back door as I reached for my cokes.

She startled me and I told her many thanks once I had regained my composure. I had cooked some pepperoni pizza hot pockets and will just save them for later.

I Better Start Looking for that Needle in the Haystack...

Because that's about how it feels. I don't have much hopes of getting my internet changed to a much higher speed. I am going try once more with asking my father if I could do something to help him in exchange. Remember, you always catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. I ought to just be thankful for what I have, but this is very important to me.

No comments: