Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Computers For Papa...

Summer asked if my dishwasher was still broken. Summer, yes it is and I haven't heard an ETA on when it will get fixed. Gosh, that's been going on for months now, hasn't it? Charlie said the other night to be sure and not use it or I would have another flood on my hands.

Those Cantankerous Machines We Can Barely Live Without...

http://speechwriting-ghostwriting.typepad.com/
"You sure you can fix my computer?" my father asked me dubiously in the parking lot of Kroger last night after our shopping spree.

I told him we could just reinstall or reset Windows 10 and it would be like the day he first turned it on several years ago.

"Can I keep all my files?" my father then asked.

"Reinstalling or resetting Windows 10 will leave your files in the last place you put them, but you will have to reinstall all your programs, though," I replied.

His mouse gets slower and slower and then will just quit moving making the computer useless. Right now, it's just a huge paper weight with an attitude.

"Or I could just let you use one of my spare computers," I added. "You won't be disappointed. I promise."

"Let me think about it some more," my father told me as we parted ways heading home for the evening. "I want Matt's opinion as well."

"How long will it take to reset Windows 10?" my father then asked.

"It would take about an hour," I told my father.

Matt is the manager of the pharmacy and my father's go-to "computer guy". He is going to tell my father that he needs a new computer most likely. I put first dibs in on the old computer. It will be a great little internet browsing and blogging computer.

No comments: