Saturday, July 09, 2016

Getting Back On Track...

http://www.dgiwire.com/
I set my alarm clock for 8am this early morning. My main goal is to make myself stay up all day so I will get back on a sleeping at night schedule. I don't think I could bear another round of zombie-inducing insomnia. I was headed down that dangerous road -- as treacherous as the road the Titanic cut through cold, iceberg infested waters. Staying up today will be hard enough. Sink or swim.

I am also so envious of Maggie in that she can sleep on a whim. I've seen Maggie just fall over asleep on the computer room rug and within ten minutes she would be dreaming vigorously often barking in her slumber.




Yes, It Was Time for that Much Anticipated Bowl of Vegetable Beef Soup...

http://www.recipeshubs.com/
Papa arrived at 10pm last night just as I had surmised. (I am getting good at this guessing game). Maggie watched wantonly as each car would pass the house and she would sigh loudly without it being Papa. She knows that at darkfall my father is soon to follow and it gets dark around 9pm these days.

My father's vegetable soup was as delicious as I had hoped for and envisioned. I crumbled up three pieces of warm cornbread in a big bowl of hot soup and I added several very ample dollops of Louisiana-style hot sauce. It was a heavenly combination.

No comments: