Monday, July 18, 2016

We're Going Bananas Around Here Literally...


https://authoritynutrition.com
Several weeks ago, my father put a bunch of bananas in my cart on a whim and I have been hooked on them ever since then. I don't think I have eaten raw bananas in years except in banana puddings. Well, it has become my new food obsession. I got two large and very heavy bunches of bananas tonight -- one big bunch was slightly green so they would last the week.

"Good source of potassium," my father told me about bananas as they were ringing me up. "You are making me crave a banana sandwich."

I only spent $68 dollars tonight which is much, much more within my means than last week's $90 something dollar shopping spree. The most expensive and needed thing I bought tonight was trash bags of all things. Charlie got my last one yesterday when he was sprucing up my kitchen on our Sunday night fried chicken rendezvous.

Dad helped me load up my groceries in the back of my CR-V and then said he was headed back inside Kroger for yogurt. We gave each other a hug and I headed on home. There are thunderstorms all around us and they are very neatly lighting up the skies of our horizons. They will die down a few hours after sunset -- the sun and warm rising air being their source of energy.

http://www.belmontetradeinternational.com/

1 comment:

skinny minny said...

I love bananas but can never eat them fast enough mainly because I can't eat more than 1/2 of one at a time. Even if I just buy 2 they still end up in the freezer for smoothies and banana bread