Thursday, July 14, 2016

Almost Rained Out...

http://www.hardwareheaven.com/
It has rained very steadily here for about 2 hours -- sometimes a true gully washer of a rain in fits. We needed the rain something fierce as we are now considered in a drought across central Alabama.

It reminded me of Christmas Eve when we got a similar deluge and many bridges were washed out around here -- most are still washed out.

"Let's get the computer in through the door under the portico," My father told me as we stood in the garage.

I got everything hooked up after my father gave me my medications and a cold drink -- it was one of mom's tutti fruity low calorie drinks which was quite tasty. Mom stood in the room doing her duty which was asking us numerous complicated questions. Dad called her the "facilitator" to which my mother chuckled nervously. I smiled and chuckled as well.

"Watch this!" I told my father with a broken Cheshire grin after pushing the power button.

It took the computer about 20 seconds to boot up. All kudos go to solid state drives.

"My old computer would take minutes to boot up," my father told me looking astounded and also astonished.

Dad's been without a computer for about two weeks. He said he was ready to get a diet Coke and browse some of his favorite British Monarchy tabloid webpages.

"Tomorrow, we will get all the files and emails transferred from your old computer to your new computer," I told my father ready to drive home.

I left and headed home to man's best friend. Maggie was sitting in the window watching out and waiting for me.

2 comments:

Annabel said...

We are leaving around 8 this morning which should put us getting there between 2 and 3 (central time). I'll give you a call mid morning when we stop for gas.

Summer said...

So glad you all are getting together!