Monday, July 04, 2016

In Other Words, I am Getting Old...

Do you remember the first vinyl album you ever bought? When I was a kid, we were in the shopping mall and I bought a Stevie Nicks album in the record store. Dad was so worried it was going to be a heavy metal album with lots of profanity. Stevie Nicks is about as innocuous as they come. Dad had to listen to the record before he would let me have it.



My second album I ever bought was Lionel Ritchie's album Back to Front.  I listened to that song All Night Long over and over until I almost wore away the needle of the record player.

The first cassette tape I ever bought was Micheal Jackson's Thriller album. Micheal Jackson sure was strange to put it lightly, but he sure could create some catchy tunes.
_____________________________________________________________

Save a Burger for Me!

https://www.timeout.com
Mom and dad just left to drive to my sister's house in Alex City for their fourth of July celebrations. I was hoping to get my medications for they left, but my father said it was too early just yet. In other words, it wasn't very convenient for him. I know the game very well.

"We won't be very late. We are bringing you a couple of burgers and some of my German potato salad," my father told me.

I'd say that was a pretty good consolation prize. 

4 comments:

skinny minny said...

Christmas of 1978 or 79 I got three albums one was Juice Newton, One was Sesame Street Fever, the third was Barry Manilow. That same Christmas I got a Scorpions tape for Christmas too! I had and still have pretty varied musical tastes. A random shuffle of my music library can jump from Reckless Kelly to Mormon Tabernacle Choir, To Def Leppard to Billy Joel to Fleetwood Mac, to Gershwin and still not give a full view of my library or tastes. :D

Rita said...

My first vinyl purchase was one of the Monkees albums, in the late 60s. I had too many financial responsibilities for myself when I was growing up,that things like buying much music was not something I could afford. I remember when I went to college, and went to someone's house. They had a wall of shelves, full of albums. They purchased several albums a month.

amelia said...

I'm really going to age myself here. My first 45 single was the Everly Brothers singing Temptation!!

glittermom said...

I had Wake Up Little Suzie by the evenly brothers...my first 45's were 50's music....I think my 1st albums were Elvis Presley ...