Saturday, January 28, 2017

A Late Night With Two Nieces...

"Come over here!" my father excitedly said after the phone rang. "Your nieces want to see you!"

It must've been 9 PM by then. I excitedly donned a jacket and headed to Casa de Papa in an icy cold car. It took forever for my car to warm up. It was getting warm about the time I was pulling in my parent's rear driveway.

Olivia came running into the den, "Uncle Andrew!" and gave me a big hug which I relished! She is the sweetest child!

I stayed up to 11:00 PM helping my niece Lilly make up a batch of Nickelodeon slime. The only ingredient we were missing was green food coloring.  The recipe called for all kinds of crazy things like shaving cream and Borax (which Lilly brought).

"Do you mind running up to Kroger to get it?" my father asked of the food coloring. "I am going to stay here and watch the girls."

"Can I take mom's Honda?" I excitedly asked of the car that will soon be mine.

"I will be right back," I told my father as he handed me the keys.

I headed up to Kroger which is about a ten-minute drive from my parent's house. I noticed how mom's car purred like a kitten.

"Where is your food coloring?" I asked Zachary upon entering Kroger.

"It is at the end of the baking aisle," he replied.

I just knew he would know. I grabbed a multi-pack of food coloring, paid at self-checkout, and headed home to make truly green slime.

No comments: